States visited: 49!

visited 49 states (98%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
Miles driven so far -
LOOP 1 (Aug 2009 - Aug 2010): 29,000
LOOP 2 (May - August 2012): 10,800

Highest altitude with camper: 11,158ft (I-70, CO)

Monday, April 6, 2009

Sunday April 5th: Magic Kingdom

It was not our plan to go into the parks on our arrival day but there was no holding the kids back. Becca could not wait to see Mickey. Thankfully Dave had found a deal on tickets: 7 days for the price of 6, so we were able to head over to 'THE WORLD' after dinner, resigning ourselves to another late night.

We took the ferry across, as the monorail was temporarily unavailable, and then got on the Walt Disney World Railroad from Main Street, getting off in Mickey's Toontown Fair. We walked through Mickey's Country House and continued through to the Judge's Tent where we waited about 45 minutes to meet and hug Mickey and Minnie.

There wasn't much of a line on The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm (crazy kiddie coaster), so figured we might as well do that while we were there. Nate received a little card to congratulate him on his first Disney rollercoaster, as he was rather apprehensive before we got on.

After candy floss (cotton candy), we waited forever to see Cinderella and Belle. Thankfully, the girls, at least, thought it was worth it. We were tempted to wait and see Tinker Bell and her friends in their new spot in Pixie Hollow but the line was long and it would've meant potentially missing the fireworks, perhaps another time.....

Unbelievably by this point, it was almost 10pm. We walked through Tomorrowland and over the bridge where hundreds of people were gathered, waiting for Tinker Bell to fly across from Cinderella's castle. It seemed silly to miss this opportunity, so we sat down and waited to oooh and aaah at the fireworks during the Wishes nighttime spectacular. A couple of minutes in, Tinker Bell did indeed fly above our heads - very exciting for our two little princesses! In order to avoid the post-fireworks rush to leave, we headed towards the exit during the final 5 minutes of fireworks and actually managed to be at the exit during the finale, which was amazing and well worth staying up late for! I'm so glad we did so many wonderful things on our first, unexpected day.

We just got on the ferry before it left, took the golf cart 'bus' to our car and finally got the kids in bed just before 11:30 - it was a LONG day, they did so well, despite how tired they must've been.

No comments: